Saturday, July 4, 2009

20 years of ABS-CBN Foundation


Last Friday night ( 3rd July), I was invited by my boss to attend a cocktail party in Meralco Theater together with two other officers. I was hesitant to attend since first of all, I don't have a dress for that evening occasion and second, it will be my first time to attend a party without clearly knowing the event. However, I went with them with suits and tie. The party was graciously attended by "big people" of different institutions. I saw Ms Gina Lopez and some other dominant figures which I only see them on television. Then I knew that it was the 20th Anniversary of ABS-CBN Foundation. It was an event graced by different artists from the showbiz industry. I was so delighted that I had the chance to attend this event. It was like going to a concert or an opera where VIP's attend. I was so happy indeed. To quote my boss, "maging sosyal naman tayo paminsan-minsan. nabubulok na tayo sa batalyon eh." ( Sometimes we have to attend this kind of occassion. We're getting rotten already in our battalion.)

After the event, my boss treat us to Burgoo to have pasta and pizza. Well, I guess I learned a lesson here. Never go to cocktail parties with empty stomach. Thank you boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment